I haven’t been keeping up with my blogging lately because I have been feeling well. For those of you who don’t know I suffer from fibromyalgia and migraines. A fibro flare up or a migraine trigger for me can cause me to be sluggish and hurt all over for days. Mentally I feel lost in a fog. Even small things like having a conversation on the phone or walking the dogs takes herculean effort.
I have this recurring dream especially when my symptoms are bad that I am trying to climb out of a muddy hole in the rain. I push forward with all I have on hands and knees but no matter how hard I try I keep sliding back into that hole. To me that’s how it feels when I am in the middle of a flare up.
My husband has been great about slowing down when he knows I am not feeling well. With his help and a lot of research I feel like I’m finally getting a handle on my symptoms. Even when I do have a relapse like today it’s not as bad as it has been before.
One of the things all the books I’ve read have agreed on is keeping positive attitude and remember what you are thankful for. So here’s my list today.
I am thankful for …
- My wonderful husband who still buys me flowers and treats me like a princess even after almost 10 years of marriage
- My 2 dogs who always know when I am feeling poorly and promptly pile on top of me to make me “all better.”
- My company who allow me to work remotely and control the two biggest factors in managing my issues: diet and environment
- Caramels and chocolate with Sea Salt which makes me feel good no matter what’s going on
- Great books like the Iron Druid series, the dog in the book can talk telepathically and I find him endlessly amusing
- Texts from dog which always makes me smile: http://textfromdog.tumblr.com/
- Sherlock in all his incarnations
- Deadpool which I will be replaying dialog from in my head for months
- Pinterest, no explination necessary